- Requests for repeat prescriptions can be made online via the Practice’s website, by post, by leaving the request in the appropriate box in the front door of the Health Centre, or by leaving the request with the local chemist of your choice. We cannot take requests for prescriptions over the phone.
- When ordering your repeat medication from the pre printed proforma, please indicate the items you require by marking them clearly with a tick. If the item you require is not on the list, please add, but allow an extra day for these items to be processed.
- The Practice participates in the ELECTRONIC PRESCRIPTION service. We encourage patients to collect their medication and new prescription directly from a local chemist of their choice, rather than the Health Centre. This provides a quicker prescription service to the patient and means less waiting time at Reception for patients for other queries. Once you have advised our Reception team which pharmacy you would like to collect your prescriptions from, all future repeat prescriptions will be sent electronically to that pharmacy. The prescription will normally be available at the pharmacy about 3 hours after the GP has authorised the prescription.
- When collecting your repeat prescription, please allow a minimum of 3 working days.
- Please order all the medication you require at the same time.
- Repeat prescriptions are not processed at the weekends, so prescriptions left at the Health Centre on Friday may not be ready until the following Tuesday.
- Please do not order your medication earlier than two weeks before you need it, without a written reason why, i.e, you are going on holiday.
Our prescription clerk has a ‘phone-in time every day from 10.45am-11.15am and 3.45pm-4.15pm, her direct number is 493106. This line is strictly to deal with queries regarding prescriptions only.